Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Fine Art Of Villainy

12.11.1940 - 27.07.1992
We have spent the last 12 months watching dispiritedly as our much-loved icons from an era long gone left us one by one. As each headline flashed, we asked ourselves, ‘who next?’, and were afraid to say the names out in dread that what we feared would come to pass. It seems as if there is this cloud of foreboding hanging over us, and I, for one, am beginning to understand what the phrase ‘Damocles’ sword’ means, if you will forgive the mixed metaphor.

In the meantime, there is one man, long dead, who has almost been forgotten. I say ‘almost’ because, ironically, one of the characters he played looms large and fresh in public memory. He lives on only in that form. I must confess that even I, movie-buff though I am, had all but forgotten the man who scared the living daylights out of me for countless years, just by appearing on screen. I talked about him, yes, but only in context of a film. Or about the ‘character’ that outstripped the real man.
Read more »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar