Hello my friends! How is your year 2015 going so far? Ours is poking along at a mellow pace.. I've been crocheting and knitting and enjoying the hearthside of our country farmhouse. And yes.. I did go swimming on Friday. I had the place almost to myself for a change. I missed Gracie, though! And so, I would like to introduce you to Guinea Pig #2. This one is for my granddaughter Paige. Today I will box these babies up and they will begin their 3,000 mile journey to my little darlings tomorrow. I'll miss them! I will let you know what they name them.
Wheeeek wheek!
The little guinea pigs in their natural habitat.. :-)
When I returned from swimming I noticed that the snowdrops were coming up! Woohoo!
We have an old Nandina ("Heavenly Bamboo", it's not bamboo at all!) and the birds haven't eaten all the berries for a change! This is on the right of the walkway up to our old fashioned front porch and in front of our family room.
Aren't the berries bright and red? I love them!
As I walked down the brick walkway I noticed that the squirrels have been slacking on their job of gathering acorns. Some of these look like they're ready to sprout! Maybe I should stick some down on the dirt and see if I can make an oak tree? :-)
Tulip? Hyacinth? Hmmm.
What really excited me is that the Daphne Odora is heading towards flowering!?! I sure hope we don't get another big freeze and snow which could harm the new growth.
The Irises are starting to come up, too! I know some gardeners will frown at all our leaves and pinecones, etc. on the ground, but we let things happen in a kind of wild way here. :-)
I put in an order for a few other colors of Drops Alpaca and saw this Drops cotton so I ordered two skeins to see what it was like. Oh my.. I'm glad I didn't order more! The photos don't show it, but these are small skeins and it's VERY THIN! I'm not even sure what I will make with this.. it's like thread sized. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The color is wonderful, however.
I was hoping to get several colors different from what I have, I did succeed with a vanilla color, a grey and a red. But unfortunately, I got several of the same colors I have. Well... hmmm.. I am sure I will make good use of this. You can probably tell that I love Alpaca and Cotton fibers.
I had planned on getting back into this project, but had forgotten that I needed to make the two guinea pigs. Now that they are ready to ship, you will see more flowers blooming around here. :-)
Did you have a good weekend? I hope you did exactly what you wanted. I've got a few rows of knitting to go to finish up my wash cloth and then.. flowers! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)



0 Yorumlar