Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mailbox Monday/It's Monday What Are you Reading?


Hosted for April by Cindy's Love of Books.



It's Monday What Are you Reading hosted by Sheila from Book Journey.

I am going to be rather busy and away from the computer tomorrow and Monday with New Year celebrations (prior to the actual New Year) so I thought I'd get this in early. I will link up with the respective memes a bit later than usual.  I have been lucky this week as I visited the book sale run by expat Brits and where I always end up with a wonderful selection.

Roma Tearne a Sri Lankan author I was always looking out for.  Described as a rich family saga


A gardener who is incidentally a TV hearthrob. Described as warm, funny and a sexy debut novel this does not need any further recommendations.


A Pulitzer Prize Winner. Also described as being a story of fathers and sons. My kind of book.



Love the cover! Involving the White House.


Edwina Mountbatten was a controversial figure in Indian politics. I am looking forward to this book very much.

And I have kept the gem for the last!!!!!

Hardback but with a cloth lithograph. This was a wonderful, delightful find. I could have kissed the lady in charge there that day!!!! I have tried to get this book in the Melbourne libraries and failed and to find it all dusty and hidden here in Colombo was a find indeed.

Right now I am reading Courts of Love by Jean Plaidy which was from a previous Mailbox. I also have a Susan Sallis which I would like to pick up next as a change from historical fiction. No mysteries or murders to add to the mix.

Happy Easter to all.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar