Dear friends,
I fully expected to pull up my blog and find that all of you had left me. Sure hope you're still there.
I've been in the playhouse today...why, I've been all over the place today!
We've had a couple of cooler days and of course, I went crazy...cleaning the garden, moving plants around, raking leaves, cleaning out the teeny tiny greenhouse, stacking pots...
Why stacking pots took a while and I'm still not happy with the look. Sometimes I think being a Virgo will drive me crazy! :)
and leaf raking! It's way too early for that! But did you see all the leaves inside the playhouse? Our entire yard looks that way. It's this dry weather! We need rain!
Mama used to say, "oh it will rain again. It always does". Well I sure hope mama was right. It is dry as a bone here.
The guineas kept me company inside the garden today. In fact, they got a dust bath just inside the garden gate.
Oh, that one strange looking plant left in the garden is "Horseradish". It has been growing all summer so now I need to read how to harvest the root, and then grow another. Whew!
Here's another thing! There's always something needing to be rescued...
I went to get a bucket of compost from the bin, which is dry as a bone too, and pulled up this tall skinny pitiful looking weed. But wait, that outer shell looks like an English walnut! and look at the long root, reaching from under my thumb all the way to the fig leaf...
This was the top of the plant. Did I mention pitiful? Oh, this little nut tree just has to live. I will keep you posted.
Look what I found while cleaning up the garden....
Remember the beautiful Leek that grew and grew then burst into a ball of tiny flowers? Her remains. :( Hopefully one of these tiny seeds will product another beautiful lady.
One more thing to show you...
Poppy was deer hunting and found this unusual mushroom in the woods.
and this is how it looked the next day...
sorry for the poor quality. The picture was taken with Poppy's little flip phone.
Okay, this is it. Thank you for stopping by. My plan is to do better at posting and visiting, and I mean it!
Thank you, new followers. I do love my blogging friends.
Love,
Henny
I fully expected to pull up my blog and find that all of you had left me. Sure hope you're still there.
I've been in the playhouse today...why, I've been all over the place today!
We've had a couple of cooler days and of course, I went crazy...cleaning the garden, moving plants around, raking leaves, cleaning out the teeny tiny greenhouse, stacking pots...
Why stacking pots took a while and I'm still not happy with the look. Sometimes I think being a Virgo will drive me crazy! :)
and leaf raking! It's way too early for that! But did you see all the leaves inside the playhouse? Our entire yard looks that way. It's this dry weather! We need rain!
Mama used to say, "oh it will rain again. It always does". Well I sure hope mama was right. It is dry as a bone here.
The guineas kept me company inside the garden today. In fact, they got a dust bath just inside the garden gate.
Oh, that one strange looking plant left in the garden is "Horseradish". It has been growing all summer so now I need to read how to harvest the root, and then grow another. Whew!
Here's another thing! There's always something needing to be rescued...
I went to get a bucket of compost from the bin, which is dry as a bone too, and pulled up this tall skinny pitiful looking weed. But wait, that outer shell looks like an English walnut! and look at the long root, reaching from under my thumb all the way to the fig leaf...
This was the top of the plant. Did I mention pitiful? Oh, this little nut tree just has to live. I will keep you posted.
Look what I found while cleaning up the garden....
Remember the beautiful Leek that grew and grew then burst into a ball of tiny flowers? Her remains. :( Hopefully one of these tiny seeds will product another beautiful lady.
One more thing to show you...
Poppy was deer hunting and found this unusual mushroom in the woods.
and this is how it looked the next day...
sorry for the poor quality. The picture was taken with Poppy's little flip phone.
Okay, this is it. Thank you for stopping by. My plan is to do better at posting and visiting, and I mean it!
Thank you, new followers. I do love my blogging friends.
Love,
Henny

0 Yorumlar